My diet

Nothing fancy, just showing what my current diet looks like.
I'm currently following a somewhat adapted Paleo diet and I'm liking it. Right now I do mostly just weightlifting and cardio. As long as I don't diverge from the plan, my energy levels are a-ok and I feel better than ever. This is also the diet I'm advising my patients by the way (with some big changes of course) :)
I'll include all the details and some extra info below.



Meal 1 (Breakfast) - 42p, 17c, 18f
300ml Egg whites
2 Eggs
10ml (1 dessert spoon) Macadamia/Sesame oil
1 Apple/Pear

Meal 2 (Lunch) - 42p, 22.4c, 18f
175g Chicken Breast/Liver/Picanha
180g Veggies
13g Extra virgin Olive oil
1g Omega-3 (fish oils)
1 Apple/Pear

Meal 3 - 41p, 22.7c, 17.5f
45g Whey
25g Hazelnuts
1 Apple/Pear

Meal 4 - 41p, 22.7c, 17.5f
45g Whey
25g Hazelnuts
1 Apple/Pear

Meal 5 (Dinner) - 42p, 22.4c, 18f
200g Fish/Seafood
180g Veggies
6g Extra virgin Olive oil
1 Apple/Pear

Meal 6 (Supper/pre-bed) -  44.7p, 5.8c, 21.4f
35g Milk Protein Concentrate + 10g Whey
5g Omega-3 (óleo de peixe)
1g Evening Primrose Oil
30g Almonds

  • The oils I use are from Émile Noël.The Macadamia oil tastes nice (tasting like Macadamia, which is goood), the Sesame oil not so much but then again I'm not picky with flavours and it's twice as much oil for the same buck. These oils are an easy, carb-free way to down appreciable amounts of healthy fats in any meal. I'd use spoonfuls of Olive oil but for the same purpose but its acidity isn't very friendly towards my throat and my golden voice must be protected ;)
  • "Veggies" are usually a combination of two or more of the following ingredients: (sautéed) cabbage, zucchini, mushrooms, rapini, asparagus, (tossed) lettuce, tomato, carrot, onion, olives... but there's lots to choose from and it's easy to be creative without using legumes or grains.
  • Apples and Pears are merely indicative of the portion of fruit I eat. I can (and do) substitute frequently, for example, with 150g pineapple, 200g melon/watermelon/cantaloupe, 100g mangoes, etc.
  • The nuts I use may also vary. At any given time I might chose hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, etc, and even peanuts which inspite of being a legume (a "bean") it's the ingredient of my homemade delicious peanut butter. Rearely I may also use brazil nuts, macadamia or the like but they have a steep price tag.
  • In th end it rounds up to about 2460Kcal divided in the following ratio: 40% protein, 20% carbs and 40% fat.


The Paleo Diet in a nutshell (no pun intended):
The human being has been the product of 2.000.000 years but nowadays out diet is based off farming and agriculture which has been around for only 10.000 years. If we've been evolving at a rate of about 2~4% for every million years and agriculture is only 10.000 years-old, that gives us only 0.04% of "evolution" ever since (rounded up). As such, our body is much better prepared to handle the same foods our hunter-gatherer ancestors ate, not the refined and stored foods Man now farms and cultivates and much less huge amounts of sugar (and related carbs of similar effect).
So what did the hunter-gatherers eat? Gamey, lean meat and its animal's organs (being that heart and liver are the most interesting to me personally), fish (particularly fatty ones), seafood, veggies (not legumes and (cereal) grains), fruits (including berries but not starchy fruits) and nuts.
Of course I use some "forbidden" foods in my diet for economic and practical reasons: milk-derived protein powders (whey concentrate and milk protein concentrate), queso blanco or cottage cheese, etc, though I do not use or drink milk or fatty, lactosey cheeses. Eggs also weren't part of the regular hunter-gatherer diet because they were rare but it'a a super-food, rich in protein and healthy fat that I quite like. This way I'm able to keep my protein intake high without ruining my diet with unbalanced foods for my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Portuguese White Belt